High Performance Sports System Laboratory (kawailab) of the University of Tsukuba is conducting research on the performance enhancement strategy of the sporting success countries. Also, we are addressing the research on the environments of athlete development of those countries and Japan in various sports.
- We will widen the knowledge of High Performance Sport to society from grassroots sport to health care.
- Aiming for alumni to be active in the world of high performance sport.
- Create a place to gather information/intelligence on high performance sports around the world.
- Curiosity: To be interested in what is happening in the world
- Challenge: Enjoy creating new value
- Open mind: Being able to recognize different values
Our interests/ Educational - Research Themes
To realize the VISION, the area of education and research displayed below are set up and the activities are carried out.
Area of education, research and practice related to our laboratory
Our laboratory is intended for High Performance Sport, so we welcome students who are seriously engaged in competitive sports or have serious sports experience. Students who want to study High Performance Sport from other fields such as Information Science, Engineering, Political Science, and Business Administration are also welcome.
Athlete development system in sporting success countries in high performance sport
Applying the latest technology to competitive sport
Graduate student (AY 2019)
|M2||Yuki Takahashi||Wrestling||On the performance analysis of Wrestling matches (tentative)|
Undergraduate students (AY 2019)
|U4||Masaya Ando||Tennis||On the performance analysis of Tennis matches (tentative)|
|U4||Sena Takahashi||Tennis||Study on the use of conditioning data in tennis (tentative)|
Non-Degree Research Student